Q: The gas and check ingine light is on and my car wont change gears i have to turn on and off many times before finally switching

My car was working fine and then all of a sudden i tried to leave and it said im on empty and the check engine light came on and it wont let me change gears now i havr to turn off and on the car multiple times before it finally changes gears

Hello. You may have one or more issues going on here. It is common for the shifter lock to have issues on this car and require replacement. If the shifter issue and the dash issue happened at the same time then it is usually electrical. Most of the time, it is because of a low battery or a bad connection at the battery. The connections should be checked and the battery load-tested. If those are fine, then the computer should be scanned for trouble codes that may have triggered the Check Engine Light. This would give a better indication of what is going on. Many times if everything else is good, this car will have problems with the computer data lines and will need to be replaced. If you plan on having the car repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to thoroughly diagnose your shifting issue so that you can safely get back on the road.

3. The gas and check ingine light is on and my car wont change gears i have to turn on and off many times before finally switching