Q: How do I deactivate the BeltAlert seat belt reminder?

How do I deactivate the BeltAlert seat belt reminder?

The BeltAlert seat belt reminder alerts you when the driver or front seat passenger does not have their seat belt on. The seat belt reminder detects whether there is a person in the passenger seat, and reminds them to put their seat belt on. Because BeltAlert relies on weight sensors to tell when someone is in the passenger seat, it may be triggered when a dog is in the passenger seat. For safety reasons, however, there is only one way to deactivate BeltAlert, and that is by taking your vehicle to a dealership.

Tip

It is smart to keep BeltAlert activated, and have your dog sit in the back seat. Deactivating BeltAlert means that you won’t have the added safety measure when a human is in the passenger seat. zz

3. How do I deactivate the BeltAlert seat belt reminder?