Q: The engine will run real rough with no power and will die if at idle for too long.

I had these symptoms about a month ago at around a quarter of a tank so changed changed the fuel filters. It ran fine until two days ago. I just changed the fuel pump and engine oil today. It started and ran maybe 10 minutes before running rough and eventually died. It currently won't start. Batteries are a month old and fully charged.

A: Hello. Most of the time when this engine ru...

Hello. Most of the time when this engine runs like this it is because the high pressure oil pressure has fallen off. Most of the time it is from the fitting at the high pressure pump but some of the time it comes from the stand pipe seals leaking. I would need to check the high pressure oil pressure to see if that is the issue. There are other problems that can occur also but this is the most common. If you are thinking of having this inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the rough running issue and advise you on proper repairs.