Q: The engine is hesitating when starting the vehicle.

When I start my vehicle, the engine has trouble running normally at first. Also, there was a time when I could move the vehicle after I had started it. What could this problem be?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be likely related to what is called an idle air control valve/module. This unit regulates the air flow into the motor at idle or low speeds as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not functioning properly, this will cause a rough or low idle or sometimes cause the car to stall. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and fix your low idle problem.