Q: The display on my car went out

asked by on May 12, 2016

When I drove my car to work today, everything was normal. When I got in my car after work and started it, I noticed that the display (that usually shows the time, mileage, pressure, radio, etc) was lit up red (like normal) except that it was blank. Nothing was being displayed. Is there a light out, or is the whole display blown? Is there a way to reset the display?

The display should have a function button that allows the menus to be changed. If the display does not work in any of the menus, it is possible that the display is failing. The displays generally do not last the life of the vehicle and can fail from time to time. You will need to have the display tested by a professional to determine if it is an error with the display, a wiring issue, or some other malfunctioning component.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr