Q: The car will start and run on it's own with no key in the ignition.

I have replaced the ignition switch. Is this the solenoid. Do I need to replace that?

Hi there. This issue is commonly caused by an ignition relay that is faulty. Essentially what happens is that the relay; which sends electricity to the starter relay to activate the starter, and the ignition system; is bypassing the signal coming from the ignition switch. However, it’s possible that other ignition system component are causing your problem. It might be best for you to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a detailed inspection to determine why this is happening.

3. The car will start and run on it's own with no key in the ignition.