Q: The car keeps shaking

Yesterday as I was driving home, the car was fine and as soon as I drove into my driveway the check engine light came on and the car started to shake as I slowly pulled into the driveway. I noticed the shaking and put the car into reverse and slowly let my foot off of the gas pedal. As the car began to slowly reverse, the shaking continue. It's a vibration type shaking. I drove to autozone to get it scanned and it said that it's a misfire with the engine and the guy said I should change my spark plugs and should be fine. Today, I changed my spark plugs and the cars vibrates a little harder than before. Any suggestions?

Hi there:

When the engine shakes or vibrates, it’s caused by either a fuel restriction issue or an ignition system issue. If the check engine light came on, there should be a few error codes that can be downloaded by a professional mechanic that should pinpoint what’s possibly causing this to occur on your Kia. However, the only way to know for certain is to have a professional mechanic complete an engine is shaking or vibrating inspection first.

3. The car keeps shaking