Q: Tachometer malfunction

The odometer and tachometer have been malfunctioning in my car. I had the instrument cluster out and had the odometer repaired. The tachometer is still not working correctly. It's been showing only over 5000 RPMs. I'm not sure how to fix it. Do you have any idea?

Hello. There are a few reasons why this is happening. The tachometer on the instrument cluster may be bad, and the instrument cluster may need to be replaced. There also could be a problem with the speedometer shaft and its electrical components, which will cause high RPMs. Have the speedometer shaft and its electrical connections inspected for proper operation by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Tachometer malfunction