Q: Tac tac noise coming from my car - 2000 Toyota Celica

Hello, so my car makes a tac tac tac noise, similar to the noise when a ball joint is bad, however mine does it when i come to a stop and then start running and the rpms are really low, it also does it when I'm moving at really low speed, never when I'm going fast

A: Hi there. This noise can come from a number...

Hi there. This noise can come from a number of places. Most of the time, if it is a consistent noise, it is from the brakes or an axle. I would usually get the vehicle in the air and spin each wheel listening for the noise.

From my experience with this vehicle, it is typically an issue with the brake pads rattling around from bad or missing brake hardware or an axle joint that is worn out and needs to be replaced.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, determine why your car is making this noise.