Q: Sun blocking visor always falling down in front of me

The sun visor in my 2006 Kia Optima is getting to be a really annoying problem. I have replaced both the visors and now the passenger side visor is randomly falling down and swinging around again. Do not know how to solve this problem at all. Car has 40,000 miles on it, so it has had working sun visors for 12,000 miles or so. Are there aftermarket options for this? Is that even a thing?

This seems to be a fairly common issue with the 2006 Optima. The mounting mechanism within the visor breaks apart, causing the arm to lose tension on the visor. Kia knows about this issue, has redesigned the visors, and has given them updated part numbers. Unfortunately, there are no active technical service bulletins or recalls and Kia continues to sell the old part numbers. I would recommend contacting your local Kia dealer’s parts department and asking them for the updated sun visors for your vehicle. These can be replaced with basic hand tools. However, if you’re hesitant to replace them yourself, an certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can replace the visors for you at your home or office.