Q: stuck in 4 low

replaced t-case motor now runs fine if its only hooked up by wire harness not if mounted on t-case

If the motor moves through it’s range, there may be a problem with the transfer case. Try this first. When you switch from high to low range, gears have to disengage and reengage. When you are attempting to switch the range, the transmission should be in neutral, the parking brake off, and you may have to let the vehicle roll for it to engage. It will not switch if there is tension on the drivetrain. If this does not work, you can try to change the transfer case manually. Do this with the the vehicle jacked up and wheels off the ground. If this does not work, the transfer case will need to be diagnosed. If you need help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home to diagnose your shifting issue in person.

3. stuck in 4 low