Q: Stereo shuts down when steering wheel is powered on

My power windows do not work, plus the steering wheel turns stiffly. What is causing these problems?

These are probably two unrelated issues. In regard to your vehicle, the body control module (BCM) receives input from the door lock switches. Then, based on the received inputs, it either locks or unlocks the doors via the door lock actuators. If both of the power windows aren’t working, the problem could be two failed door lock actuators, two failed door lock switches, or a problem with the BCM. The fuse used for this circuit also supplies power to the BCM, which means, if the fuse were blown, it would affect much more than just the door locks.

The same goes for the circuit ground which is also ground for the BCM. As for the stiff steering wheel, there are many potential causes. Anything from a faulty power steering pump to improper tire pressure could be the cause. I suggest you have a professional address both of these issues. The experts at YourMechanic are an excellent option.