Q: Steering wheel knocking sound when stationery

Hi Guys , i have been facing this problem for sometime on my civic fd4 2006 electric power steering Kok kok kok sound when turning steering wheel stationery have already overhauled suspension , including strut , bushing , top and lower mount however there is still this sound when car is jacked up , turning steering wheel does not produce this sound any body encounter this ?

Hi there. If the wheel is rotating when the steering is turned and you hear a knocking sound, then this is the sound of a constant velocity (CV) shaft bearing failing. Remove the front wheels and check around the CV shaft and see if the boot has a rip or it is missing a clamp. If you are having to replace a CV shaft, I recommend replacing both drive CV shafts to prevent any breakage to the shafts. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the knocking noise. After that, they can follow through with correct repairs.

3. Steering wheel knocking sound when stationery