Q: Steering column change?

I have a 1991 Ford f150 5 speed with a messed up steering column. My question is - is the steering column in a 1986 Ford f150 5 speed the same as the one in the 91?

Hi, thanks for writing in. Without being able to look at the engineering specifications for the two steering columns, they cannot be compared without having them side by side and comparing them. If you would like further help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to look at the two steering columns for you and suggest which one to go with. We can also help you perform the replacement.