Q: 99 sliverado no crank starter and battery checked out good. truck died while i was driving hasn't started sense.

I was driving my 99 chevy silverado the other day and it started killing and finally died. It wouldn't take a jump all it would do is click from the starter so i had it brought home. I had the starter check and it was good I replaced anyway and the battery recharged. And still the same clicking from the starter.

Hi there. Thanks for sending your question to us today. When you have the single clicking sound when turning the ignition, it is typically due to a damaged electrical relay. If your battery tested good (meaning it had enough cranking amps), then I would first check your ignition relay and starter relay to see if this is the issue. The next item to check would be the battery cables. If everything is ok, then you likely have a short in the starter or ignition system, so it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic complete a hard to start inspection.

3. 99 sliverado no crank starter and battery checked out good. truck died while i was driving hasn't started sense.