Q: Steady oil leak

My 05 Jeep Liberty has been leaking oil slowly but surely for about 2 weeks. What should I check or be concerned about?

An oil leak can come from many different places in your motor such as the oil pan, valve covers, timing cover and many other places. This can happen as a result of a gasket failing due to cracking or becoming brittle. In some cases this may be due to surfaces warping due to excessive heat. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your oil leak.