Q: Startup issues, battery works

Hi. Sometimes, while I clean my car, I would listen to radio with the engine off. Then, if I try to start the car after a few minutes, it wouldn't start. I figued it was the battery. I had it checked but it is fine. If it's not the battery, what is causing this? Thank you in advance.

You may have just drained your battery. Batteries can still test good if they are dead because they have the ability to be recharged. Batteries are faulty when they can no longer hold a charge. It is best to listen to music with the engine running to prevent the battery from draining. The car will not start with a dead battery.

I would recommend having your battery recharged and reinstalled in your vehicle. This should allow it to start just fine. In the future, I recommend only listening to music while the vehicle is running as the radio can drain a car battery very fast - especially for older batteries.

3. Startup issues, battery works