Q: Starts and Stalls and runs for a few minutes only ( Car ran out of Fuel but ran good for 3 days afterward ) 1985 BMW 635

Replaced Both Fuel Pumps, Fuel Filter, Pressure Regulator , Fuel injectors , Cold Start Fuel injector, Distributor Cap Rotor ( Rotor Turns No oil ) (New Plugs Look Wet, Speed sensor, Crank Sensor, Crank Position Front Main Coil ( ECU Looks good no Corrosion on pins) Replaced Fuel Relay, Main Relay , Fuel injectors, Runs for a few minutes after multiple attempts. Mass Air Sensor works door opens , Checked for Vacuum leaks We tried everything we know ! Good Battery Spark Plugs Look weak Spark ! Smells of Fuel on start up Air Cleaner new. Gas Tank looked Clean when install Tank Fuel pump. HELP !

Its worth a $100 dollars to get this car running !

Congratulation on your "Shark" - love the old 6-series! Check your engine coolant temperature sensor (the one for the injection, not the gauge), and the wiring to it. If it is sending a "too cold" signal to the engine, the cold start injection will spray too much fuel, making the engine flood as you describe. Also - in northern states - there was a field modification of adding a small resister in the coolant temp circuit (at the sensor, inside the rubber boot) to send a "colder" signal to the injection module, making cold starts easier. If that added connection breaks, cold start is WAY too rich, and the engine floods easily. (Ask me how I know about this - have had 3 - 635’s myself!). For a bit of help, I recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Starts and Stalls and runs for a few minutes only ( Car ran out of Fuel but ran good for 3 days afterward ) 1985 BMW 635