Q: Starting problems - 2001 Ford Expedition

asked by on September 15, 2016

My truck recently started taking several attempts to start. I changed my fuel pump because I was only hearing it partial turn on. After installing it , it did not change anything I then changed my gas cap, fuel tank pressure sensor, filter, and cam shaft position sensor. It still is not starting . It sometimes will turn over but after several attempts. What else could it be?

Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement $111.64 - $903.72 Get a Quote
Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there. You should have the fuel pressure checked to see if the pressure does not drop after you turn off the vehicle. If it does, then have the pressure regulator replaced for not holding pressure. If the pressure holds but the pump intermittently does not come on, then try replacing the fuel pump relay in the fuse relay box in the engine compartment. You might also want to verify and check all fuses and fuse holders for evidence that it overheated and is losing connection. You may need to put in a fuse bypass if one is burnt. If you would like to have all of this checked for you before making repairs, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose the starting problem and perform any repairs required.