Q: Starter issues

Upon turning the key in the ignition, the solenoid can be heard engaging. However, the starter doesn't seem to be spinning. I had the battery tested and it is fine. Also, I had the starter replaced along with the starter relay. The issue wasn't solved however. What could be the problem?

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 200...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2000 Plymouth Voyager. The starter should have two wires going to it. The brown one will operate the starter solenoid on the starter to allow the large red wire at the starter to turn the starter motor. If you check to see if the large red wire direct from the battery to the starter is the cause for the voltage drop, you will find the cable is bad and most likely not making contact inside the battery clamp on the positive terminal. In this case you will need to replace the positive cable or cable clamp. You may want to enlist the help of another mechanic to give the car a second look. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the starting issue of the car and follow through with any appropriate repairs.