Q: Start error on Mercedes

I changed the key fob shell and put everything back together. The lock unlock and panic buttons all work but the key when placed in the ignition gives a start error on the dash display and the vehicle wont start Please help

If you have another key, try to start it with that 2nd key. If it starts, then the DAS (Drive Authorization System) is good and only the 1st key has lost synchronization. Try this with the non-functioning key: Insert the key in the ignition and turn the key to the ON position. Watch the red led on the key. It should blink once to signify that the key has been recognized.

If it doesn’t you will have to buy a new key from the dealer.

3. Start error on Mercedes