Q: Squeaking Breaks

My breaks have recently started squeaking at slow speeds. Dealer said it is due to the pads being semi-metallic and suggested chamfering. They did say that would not guaranteed it would stop. Any suggestions?

If your brakes are squealing, this can be caused by a number of different things.The quality of the pads can make a huge difference in the braking performance. If ceramic pads are recommended for your vehicle and semi-metalic pads were installed, noises can occur. It is also possible that the rotors were not resurfaced or replaced the last time the brake pads were replaced. I would recommend having a qualified professional take a look at your brakes to determine the exact cause of the issue. Consider YourMechanic, as this service can be completed at your home or office.