Q: Squeaking brakes - 2011 Jeep Wrangler

I just changed pads on my Rubicon and went with an extreme duty pad due to the larger tires (35x12.50x15) I broke the pads in but still get a squeaking when applying the brakes at low speed. Only the front squeak. Rotors are fine with no grooves and not warped. I can't think of anything else to check.

Hi there. Some noise is common during braking. There is a paste that can be applied to the brake pads to help eliminate this squeaking noise. This noise is typically caused by brake dust. You could try to clean off the brake dust to see if this helps. If the notice the noise worsening or if you begin experiencing braking issues, then I would recommend having the brake system inspected by a professional so that proper corrections can be made.

3. Squeaking brakes - 2011 Jeep Wrangler