Q: Sputtering/not starting when hot?

Replaced already: distributor cap, spark plugs,vacuum hoses, air cleaner, fuel pump, spark plug wires, had an oil change.

The truck idles and runs rough. If you aren'tgently pressing the gas peddle it will sputter and struggle to accellerate. Sometimes it feels as if it will stall. It revs high when starting and if you try and start it while it is at normal running temperature it will turn over as if it's going to start but it will not start at all. The starting issue is constant. The sputtering and struggling varies day to day. Sometimes it runs great sometimes it's a pain.

A: Hi there: Usually when a vehicle is sputte...

Hi there:

Usually when a vehicle is sputtering and hard to start and accelerate; it's typically an indication of either a vacuum leak, air fuel ratio issues or an obstruction in the fuel flow. Believe it or not, most of the time, it's simply the throttle body or fuel injectors that are clogged with excess carbon build-up that can cause this issue. Before you replace any more parts, I'd recommend to clean your throttle body and fuel injectors first to see if that clears up the issue. If not, check your EGR valve as this can also cause the sputtering issues you're experiencing on your Nissan.