Q: sputtering, jumping loss of power

asked by on November 17, 2017

Ok, so my 05 cobalt is a sickly a rolling problem but that's not the issue tonight. My car recently has been jerking/jumping while moving and losing power while going up hills or turning corners. I just replaced my plugs, injector 2 and coil this time last year. And my fuel lines last month. Any idea what this issue is? Could it be a fuel system clog that needs cleaned out or maybe the injector? Thanks!

Engine is sputtering Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The first thing to check for in any drivability problem is air leaks. Any air that gets into the engine without being measured will lean out the system and cause problems. Look at all the rubber hoses and boots under the hood to be sure they are well connected and in good condition. Your car seems a little young to be having injector or fuel line problems unless there is a problem with water in the gas. That’s pretty easy to check for if you are equipped to take a sample, you just let it sit in a clean jar for a half hour and see if water settles in the bottom. If you need any more help with this you can contact YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your sputtering issue and let you know what is the solution.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr