Q: Speedometer sensor - 2002 Dodge Durango

I just had to replace the steering column, as my wife broke the gear shift lever off. Once I put that in, the abs light and the brake light came on. The speedometer worked fine before I put the steering column in and I was wondering if there was a connection for the speed sensor under the dash that I may have knocked loose, or if it was just a coincidence and the speed sensor actually went out.

Hi - the speedometer sensor for your Durango is electronic, and there are instrument panel sensors and wiring adjacent to the steering column. Check to be sure all connectors are re-seated, to their proper mates as well. If you would like assistance with this issue, I would recommend an speedometer inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Speedometer sensor - 2002 Dodge Durango