Q: Speedometer sensor - 2002 Dodge Durango

I just had to replace the steering column, as my wife broke the gear shift lever off. Once I put that in, the abs light and the brake light came on. The speedometer worked fine before I put the steering column in and I was wondering if there was a connection for the speed sensor under the dash that I may have knocked loose, or if it was just a coincidence and the speed sensor actually went out.

Hi - the speedometer sensor for your Durango is electronic, and there are instrument panel sensors and wiring adjacent to the steering column. Check to be sure all connectors are re-seated, to their proper mates as well. If you would like assistance with this issue, I would recommend an speedometer inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.