Q: Sound coming from front suspension.

When driving down gravel especially I notice the problem and especially when turning. I hear a repetitive sound that that just sounds like something hitting something els. It's a very weird sound, it dosent necessarily sound like a metal sound like dropping a wrench. And when turning it feels like the tire is grabbing weird like if you leave it in 4wd and then try to drive on pavement. But I looked at the front suspension and saw some shiny spots where I believe there is metal on metal contact. On place is the upper control arms and the metal "bump stop" that is welded to the frame. Another place is on the lower control arm and the metal part of the backside of where the wheel bolts up to.

Hello:

The issue you’re describing may in fact be caused by metal-to-metal contact. Although this would be very rare for a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado with less than 50,000 miles, excessive off road use can prematurely wear out suspension components, causing the sounds you’re hearing. Due to the fact that multiple parts could cause this type of noise and driving situation, you should have a mobile mechanic complete a vehicle is making a noise while driving inspection; so they can determine where it’s coming from and recommend the right repairs be completed.

3. Sound coming from front suspension.