Q: Slow/no acceleration high RPMs

It doesn't happen all the time. From a stopped position, I can attempt to accelerate but can only get up to 40-45. RPMs race. If I stop and turn the car off and immediately crank it back up it drives as if nothing ever happened.

Hey there. When the transmission control module detects a problem (i.e. faulty sensors, low fluid, etc.) the Check Engine Light will come on, and it will go into a "limp" mode. This limp mode will cause the car to drive as you describe, and it gives you just enough functionality to get off the road and "limp" home. This also helps protect the transmission from further damage. For a more precise diagnosis, I recommend having a certified professional from YourMechanic come to your car’s location to diagnose the loss of power and address this issue correctly.