Q: Slow motion in 1st shift Isuzu

It cannot run fast during 1st shift. it seems that no force at all since the beginning even if it is brand new.

A: Hello - the "slow shifting" probl...

Hello - the "slow shifting" problem you experience when first driving each day is due to "cold" gear lube. The relatively cold lubricant is "stiffer" for synchronizers - the rotating cones in your transmission that allow smooth shifting from one gear to the next - slowing down their action. (Think molasses vs pancake syrup) Once the gear lubricant warms up, it flows more freely, allowing synchronizers to work faster, improving shifting speed and smoothness. Change your gear lube to a synthetic to reduce the "cold vs hot" differences in shift quality, which can be done by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and change the gear lube in your Isuzu.