Q: Slight misfire

asked by on October 22, 2016

Just recently started to feel slight skip or misfire when driving at regular speeds. Will changing plugs help? Have already ran several cans of cleaner through it. Would appreciate any help. Thanks Thomas

Hi there. From the description you have given, the slight misfire could be caused by worn or fouled spark plugs. The slight misfire is apparently not being recognized by the vehicle’s computer (the check engine light would flash and then stay on). If your car is due for a tune-up, servicing the throttle body and positive crankshaft ventilation valve (PCV valve), replacing spark plugs, replacing the air filter and fuel filter (if, applicable) could take care of the slight misfire you are feeling. I recommend having your vehicle’s misfire be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.