Q: Should my clutch on freelander 1 go right to the floor, it's a new clutch got fitted about 3 weeks?

To change gear you have to put the clutch right you the floor and sometimes double clutch it, is this right? It's had a new clutch which my husband fitted.

Check the clutch slave cylinder when the pedal is pushed and see if the slave cylinder is moving all the way. If the cylinder is not moving all the way, then you would need to check the fluid in the clutch master cylinder to see if its low. If the fluid is full, then there may be air in the system. Bleed the air out of the clutch hydraulic system and then see if the clutch seems to work better. If you need further assistance with your clutch pedal application, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Should my clutch on freelander 1 go right to the floor, it's a new clutch got fitted about 3 weeks?