Q: should i have a transmission mechanic check the jerking of my car when stepping on the gas pedal?

Should I have a transmission mechanic look at my car to see why it jerks when I step on the gas

The jerking that you are describing could just as well be due to an engine management issue, for example a faulty ignition or fuel system or a faulty mass air flow sensor. To first rule out the engine, you can request an engine diagnostic. If the engine check outs OK, the certified mechanic who evaluates the engine will be perfectly capable of then considering the transmission as the possible origin of the problem that you are describing. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. should i have a transmission mechanic check the jerking of my car when stepping on the gas pedal?