Q: Should I buy my own oil?

Hi, I am asking about oil changes and oil filters. I have a 2016 Honda Accord that I bought 5 months ago and there is a signal on my car that says Oil Life 15%. I was just curious of how often I have to change my oil? I thought it was every 12 months or 7500 miles, whichever comes first. I only had the car for about 5 months and there is only 3500 miles on it. Is there a difference between the oil filter change and the oil change or is that done at the same time? Also, would it be better if I bought my own oil to change as it may be better quality? If so, which one do you recommend to prolong the life of my car. My dealer told me they use the Mobile 0w20 weight Synthetic and it would be $55 for the change. Thank you!

Most manufacturers today recommend changing the engine oil about every 7,500 miles. It is a good practice to change the oil filter also at the same time. You are welcome to provide your own oil if you prefer to, but most oil change facilities have a good stock of most oils. It is generally recommended that you just use the oil that is recommended by the manufacturer. Since your car is still newer you may eligible to have your car serviced under warranty.