Q: Q: Shifting issues after a while

After about 30 minutes of drive it will go from smooth shifting to grinding and lurching when you put it into first and occasionally if you just keep going it won't accelerate. But if you let it sit after it goes right back to normal

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1984 Ford F-150. Start with the simplest of things and make sure it has the right amount of transmission fluid in it as this is often times overlooked. Secondly, I would drop the transmission pan to inspect the valve body. There is also an electrical solenoid which helps to control shift patterns in automatic transmissions which occasionally can fail causing this type of problem. If you need help, I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your shifting issues and refill/replace transmission fluid if necessary.

3. Q: Shifting issues after a while