Q: SES blinking due to the car shaking while in idle or if the AC on, or accellerating?

My car was fine until I had work done for it to pass inspection. Now it is slow to accelerate, shakes in idle, shakes worse if the AC is on & feels like it's going to stall. SES light was blinking but now it on steady.

I’m wondering if, during the course of the work, an electronic component or components, such as a sensor, was mistakenly not re-connected or the connection has come loose, thus causing the poor operation that you are writing in about. A blinking service (or check engine) light typically signifies active misfiring. If the light is blinking you want to try not to drive the car because the catalytic converter can get damaged from "active" misfiring. At this point, with a steady light, the engine should still be diagnosed, and repaired, as soon as possible as you may have intermittent misfiring, also not good.

The recommended service to resolve your issue is a check engine light diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM. Using those codes the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. SES blinking due to the car shaking while in idle or if the AC on, or accellerating?