Q: Service battery charging system

asked by on February 25, 2017

My vehicles service battery charging system light is on. My vehicle won't start even on a jump. It is currently at 11.3v of battery voltage and it will just click when I go to start it what could be my problem

The battery should be fully re-charged and then load tested. If the battery passes a load test be sure it is not a marginal pass in which case you should install a new battery to reduce diagnostic headaches. Once you have a verified or "new" battery, attempt to start the car. If the car does not start, request a no start diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get it diagnosed and repaired for you. If the car does start, charging system output should be verified against factory specifications to make sure that the battery is being properly maintained. To have charging output tested, request alternator inspection/testing. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.