Q: seems like a fuel problem

It has a 350 engine n my car would cut off after say 5 mins of driving, my fuel pumps works perfectly fine and enough pressure and carburetor would start to flood leading to the problem but one problem I'm not sure about my fuel pump doesn't always turn over when I turn the key some say it's normal once it's up to pressure some say it's not

A: While looking into this issue with your car...

While looking into this issue with your carburetor flooding out, I found that this year of Camaro did not come with a carburetor and only came with a throttle body or multi-port injection system, though the 1988 Camaro has a carburetor. If you do have a carburetor then the vehicle is a 1988 leftover to 1989 or it has been converted to carburetor from throttle body injection. In answer to your pump question, yes it's normal. The fuel pump is designed to build up pressure and supply fuel on demand. If the pump builds up pressure and does not shut off, then the pressure will overcome the carburetor needle and seat and flood the carburetor and engine. You will have to have the carburetor float levels checked, and if that's ok, then the needle and seat may have a problem sealing. If this problem still persists after checking these things, then you should have the problem diagnosed by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.