Q: Security system not letting me start car

The security system has engaged, and we cannot disengage it. When we try to start it, the security system cuts off the fuel.

A: Sometimes these vehicles have a problem wit...

Sometimes these vehicles have a problem with the door switch in the lock cylinder where the switch does not turn off the alarm. Try using the passenger key slot to lock and unlock the door to see if it disables the alarm. If it does, then the drivers door switch is bad and needs replaced. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to inspect your door locks to see what fixes will be needed. From there, they will be able to perform the services to get your car started and back on the road.