Q: Seal leaking clear fluid.

A seal might be leaking clear fluid. It looks like it could be from the axle or driveshaft.

A: Your vehicle has two constant velocity or c...

Your vehicle has two constant velocity or c.v. axles. The ends of these axles have rubber boots that house the joints and is filled with thick grease to lubricate these joints. Often times these boots will split or tear and grease will seep out as the axle rotates. This fluid is very dark and thick and has a strong smell. If the fluid your are noticing is clear it could be power steering or brake fluid. Start by checking all of your fluid levels and monitor which one is losing fluid. The only clear, odorless, tasteless fluid your car leaks is water from the evaporator when the air conditioner or defroster is running. There is a chance it is draining directly right onto the axle. If you are unable to pinpoint the issue, a technician from YourMechanic would be happy to inspect your car and point you in the right direction.