Q: I got a diagnosis for a 2012 X6 saying the combustion misfires due to faulty ignition coil and I've gotten a recommendation to rep

I got a diagnosis for a 2012 X6 saying the combustion misfires due to faulty ignition coil and I've gotten a recommendation to replace 4 spark plugs. Is this a correct recommendation in your opinion?

Hello, and thank you for writing in. Getting a second opinion is always a good idea. Replacing the spark plugs is a very necessary part of maintenance that is often overlooked. It is never a bad idea to replace your plugs, but you should replace all of them at the same time (which should be 6 or 8 depending on your engine size). If you are having an issue with the ignition coils, you need to consider replacing them. Without knowing what codes were pulled or what testing was done, it is difficult to say what the issue may be. Only further testing or their test results will be able to verify this claim. If you would like to schedule an appointment, contact our service department.

3. I got a diagnosis for a 2012 X6 saying the combustion misfires due to faulty ignition coil and I've gotten a recommendation to rep