Q: RPM increases but can't go over 45 mph, after putting in transmission fluid

Hi, I have some acceleration problems with my car. It started happening when I put in some fluid that I got from the dealer, as the transmission fluid level was low. I cannot go over 45 mph now. It can't accelerate even though the RPM increases. Do you have any idea what causes this? Thanks.

A: Your transmission is slipping. I would have...

Your transmission is slipping. I would have the transmission checked to see if the transmission fluid is low or overfilled. Why did you have to put in fluid? Did you have a leak? The transmission may be low on fluid or the transmission clutches are slipping. Have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic come to your house or office to inspect the transmission fluid levels and see if the transmission has leaks or needs to be repaired.