Q: Rough cold start 1988 GMC G1500

When I start my truck ! It is hard starting when cold ! What would make cold starts ? I replaced the EGR VALUE AND SENSOR OR CELINOID ! HELP !! What can it be !

Hello - first task is to check for problem codes from engine management for any clues. This involves a paper clip, and a flashing "Check Engine" light for 2-digit problem codes. Possible problems include incorrect fuel pressure (bad fuel pressure regulator), bad coolant temp sensor, leaking or clogged injectors, or weak fuel supply (pump or clogged filter). I would recommend a engine start inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Rough cold start 1988 GMC G1500