Q: Reversing problem 1974 Mercedes 280

runs perfect but prob reversing. it reverses but wont revers on slight hill.nl rev it but dosent go back .it goes forward okay

Hi there - most likely, the reverse clutch, or it’s actuator piston, is worn, and the reverse clutch is slipping. It’s also possible that the primary pump output for the transmission is worn and pressure is low - although this would likely affect all gear selection and changes. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.