Q: replacing broken chain guide top bolt has 10mm hex plug that willnot accept the tool. any idea?

tool does not fit

Hello. If the timing chain bolt does not accept your 10mm tool the first thing I would do is try a different one. A different tool, even if it is of the same size, may have different clearances, perhaps enough to remove the bolt. If the head is stripped you may be able to remove it with a larger size, perhaps 11mm, or the closest standard size. If that does not work you may require a specialized tool for removing stripped hex head bolts to remove the fastener.

3. replacing broken chain guide top bolt has 10mm hex plug that willnot accept the tool. any idea?