Q: Replaced the battery after it died. The new battery died and acts funny. All warning lights appeared on the dash; battery, brake, etc.

could it be the alternator?

Hello. This sounds like an alternator problem. If the alternator is not charging the battery when the engine is running then this will occur.

I usually charge the battery and start the engine. While it is running I check the output of the alternator. If it is not above 13.5 volts and if it does not pass a load test then it is bad. If the alternator is fine then it may be a battery cable problem.

If you want to have this battery failure checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Replaced the battery after it died. The new battery died and acts funny. All warning lights appeared on the dash; battery, brake, etc.