Q: Replaced the battery after it died. The new battery died and acts funny. All warning lights appeared on the dash; battery, brake, etc.

could it be the alternator?

Hello. This sounds like an alternator problem. If the alternator is not charging the battery when the engine is running then this will occur.

I usually charge the battery and start the engine. While it is running I check the output of the alternator. If it is not above 13.5 volts and if it does not pass a load test then it is bad. If the alternator is fine then it may be a battery cable problem.

If you want to have this battery failure checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

• Replaced the battery after it died. The new battery died and acts funny. All warning lights appeared on the dash; battery, brake, etc.