Q: Removing heater core

I have everything taken out and I'm stuck on removing the heater core so I can remove the blend door. There is a metallic unit on the driver's side with 2 tubes running through the firewall into the engine compartment. Do I have to disconnect this to remove the full heater core?

Hello. If I understand the situation correctly, you are talking about the metal tubes that run from the inside of the vehicle, through the firewall, which are the supply and return lines for the coolant to the heater core.

If this is correct, then yes, you will have to remove the connections in the engine compartment, to allow the HVAC unit (with the heater core inside of it) to be pulled out from under the dashboard. Just remember, it would be best to drain some of the coolant from the radiator before removing the connections, as coolant will be lost and can drain into the interior of the vehicle.

3. Removing heater core