Q: Remove camera message - 2013 Cadillac XTS

asked by on September 28, 2016

My windshield had a crack in it from a rock that hit it on the freeway. So I just had it replaced. But now I am getting this message on my dash that says, “Service Front Camera.” I can remove the message, but it comes back on every time I startup my car. Is there a way I can reset it so I don’t have to take it to the dealership?

No, a continuous warning means the system must require some sort of service. The camera is very delicate and may have been bumped or moved in the process of the windshield replacement. Visit the local dealer to have the system inspected to see if the part must be realigned or replaced.