Q: Remote entry

I called the Ford dealer recently and asked them if I had remote entry capabilities in my car. I gave them the VIN and they said yes I do. I bought remotes for my model and followed the programming directions. My car will not go into program mode.

In my experience, the following procedure will program the key fobs. Verify you have working batteries in the fobs. If the following does not work, it could mean you do not have that option, or the keyless entry module is not working. If the key in sensor (dinging) does not work, it will not program.

1 - Remove and insert the key 6 times slowly (within 10 seconds).

2 - Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.

3 - Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.

4 - Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming.

5 - Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

If the above does not work, it will be best to return to the dealership and have them try.

3. Remote entry