Q: Regular or synthetic oil

asked by on October 25, 2016

Hi my question is concerning the oil is synthetic vest for my car or regular I know some cars come running off synthetic and synthetic is best so should I not use regular oil at all. Well which is better for my car regular or synthetic? Thanks in advance

Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote

Hello there. Synthetic oil is far and away better than mineral lubricating oil due to the drastic reduction in contaminants that are ordinarily left in refined mineral oil. Synthetic oil can resist much higher operating temperatures without oxidizing and breaking down and has much better flow characteristics in cold weather which reduces engine wear. During your next oil change service, which can be done at your home or office by an expert from YourMechanic, you should definitely use synthetic oil.