Q: Regenerative braking system amber light on dashboard

I have a honda civic ima, after breaking hard the regenerative brake system indicator has come on and continues to light up after the car has fully warmed up. I have had the brakes checked fluid has been checked and a brake light switch replaced but nothing has worked any experience or ideas of what the problem is?

Hello. If the regenerative brake system light has come on then that signifies that the computer has detected an issue with the regenerative braking system. This can be caused by a wide variety of issues and will usually disable the energy and fuel saving functions of the regenerative braking system. Any issue with one of the systems components, such as one of the systems sensors, the IMA motor, or even the brakes themselves, can set off the light. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location go diagnose the cause of the illuminated warning light.

3. Regenerative braking system amber light on dashboard